Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LennyFL

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I have an iPhone XS Max and want something that would work on either the iPhone or iPad. One of the reasons I'm buying the Mini 5 is hopefully to use it as a monitor for a backup camera in my DeLorean. It is really difficult to back up the car. There is a space above the A/C vent & Radio that looks like it was made for it. It will also function as the GPS using Waze.

So, has anyone used either a wireless or wired rear mounted camera in their vehicle? It really doesn't have to be for your vehicle I'm just looking for ideas so any kind of camera iPhone/iPad solution that anyone has used.

FYI, the Space Grey will match the car's interior;)

Thanks,
Lenny

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I know some people do that with old Acuras. I wouldn't use the Mini 5, though. You really only need a screen, so I would try to find a good deal on like an iPad mini 2

LennyFL

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
I know some people do that with old Acuras. I wouldn't use the Mini 5, though. You really only need a screen, so I would try to find a good deal on like an iPad mini 2

I don't intend on making it permanent I only drive the car a couple times a month. I'll take it out as soon as i'm done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.