iPhone/iPad broadband connection on/off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JohnnyCarbon, Sep 9, 2011.

1. JohnnyCarbon macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I've moved house and changed broadband providers. I was previously with Sky and had no issues with my iPhone or iPad.

Now I'm with BT Broadband and what happens is that they connect to the Broadband but after a while go off. They are still on the wireless network, so it is not a wireless network problem, and my MacBook and iMac are fine, there are no issues with them whatsoever.

The only way to get the iPhone and iPad back onto the Broadband is to go to their settings and turn wireless off and back on again - then they are connected until a few minutes later when they will be off again.

If I leave them alone they will eventually connect back to the broadband for a few minutes, but more often than not they are not connected when I want to use them, so I turn the wireless on them off and on.

After a week of this it is starting to bug me now!

Can anybody suggest what the problem is and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like some issues/compatibility with the wireless router you're using dropping connection.