iPhone/iPad Music airplay issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MyJelleo, Nov 26, 2010.

1. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

I'm posting this here because I'm certain this is not an ATV issue.

I'm having the music streaming issues from my iPhone/iPad to my ATV. Rebooting the devices didn't help. I can stream movies and photos without issue, so one would assume that streaming music should be simple. When I go to stream a song from my iphone to my ATV, the phone shows that the song is playing even though no sound is coming from the tv. My iPad does the same thing, but plays small bursts of the song every 15 secs or so.

When I cancel the song on both devices, I am unable to use airplay reliably at all for anything else (movies and photos) until I reboot the idevices. After the reboot, my movies stream without issue until I try playing a song again. I do not understand what could be causing the problem here. If it was my router, appletv, or network then I would have problems streaming everything. I can only assume this is a software issue, and since this is supposed to be a configure-less set up, I'm also assuming there's not much for me to do to fix this.

BTW, I can stream music from my macbook pro to the appletv without issue.

2. MyJelleo thread starter macrumors 6502

Update: My Macbook Pro just crashed the AppleTV while streaming music to it. I had to reboot the AppleTV twice to get it to connect to my network again and I had to restart iTunes in order to get it to play my songs again.

The AppleTV did something that I haven't seen before, it actually displayed the cover art of the album. Once I saw this, I thought all the reboots finally fixed the issue; however, I was wrong. My iPhone wouldn't connect to the AppleTV with either Airplay or the remote. So I had to reboot the AppleTv again and now everything is fine except for the music again.

I've narrowed it down to it being either a software issue or a router issue. I checked to see if my Linksys WRT350N had a firmware upgrade, but to my great luck, it hasn't had one since 2008.

Since not everyone is having this issue, I can only assume the problem is leaning more towards the router...