iPhone & iPhone 3G Genius Bar Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robd54, Jul 23, 2008.

1. robd54 macrumors member

So I have an appointment at the Genius Bar tomorrow after work that I initially set up to see if they would look at/fix/replace my first gen iPhone that constantly reboots itself. I have tried complete restores, wipes, etc. and it would restart when it rang, browsing, etc. Even though I have a 3G I may activate the old one for my wife or sell it (which a newer refurb that doesn't reboot would sell for more). How do you think they would manage this? Does the Genius Bar still stock original iPhone refurbs for replacements or will they have to send it out?
    Second question, after I scheduled it, I may have them at least look at my new 3G (bought on launch day). I have no stuck/dead pixels, or bubbles on the back, but the screen calibration looks quite different (more yellow, less contrast) then a co-workers 3G, and I have the light leak on the left side, and also the glass is not flush with the chrome on the right lower side. What worries me about swapping it out is if I get one worse. Do you think they'd swap it on the spot with what I described? Do you think its worth the risk to swap it?

Thanks for the help!

2. nhw macrumors member

for the old iphones, if you can replace them, you will have to wait until they ship it to the store. as far as i know, there isn't any old stocks of iphones in the apple store anymore.

and for your 3g, they should be able to switch it at the spot. unless they are out of stock.

good luck