iPhone/iPhoto set December 2008 photo dates as December 2009

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zync, Mar 13, 2009.

1. zync macrumors 68000

zync

Has anyone else run across this, or a way to fix it? I know in iPhoto you can correct the dates, but it doesn't actually change the EXIF information unfortunately. iPhoto always seems to have problems getting dates correct, even on my Canon rigs, but I don't know if it's an iPhoto or an iPhone problem.

Since it's in the EXIF data, I'd assume it was a problem with the phone, but I've had Canon RAW files have the incorrect date and time in the EXIF, but photos from the same time were also correct, so it leads me to think it's a problem with iPhoto.

I've seen other people's iPhone shots from December 2008 tagged as though they were from 2009. To be specific, I've only seen shots from the later part of December 2008.

Has anyone else seen this, or know of a way to somehow rectify it on an EXIF level? I wish I could fix it for my DSLR shots, but I can't get the exact times because those were reset as well. On the iPhone shots, it's seems that the date is incorrect but the time is right on the money.

2. citivolus macrumors 6502a

I just noticed I have this problem as well. is it a bug that applies only to pictures taken in December 2008?

3. zync thread starter macrumors 68000

zync

As far as I've seen. It's weird that a bug would only present itself on photos from 12/2008.

4. Woz Beard macrumors regular

Woz Beard

Photos taken on 12/31/08 show up as 12/09 photos, but the rest taken in December show up correctly.