iphone/iphoto sync not the same

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by odej98, Jan 13, 2010.

1. odej98 macrumors member

tried Searching all the forums, and couldn't find an answer that worked.

at first when I got the iphone, all the syncing went well. iphoto popped up everytime I plugged my iphone in and started to irritate me so I set it up to sync with a folder instead of iPhoto. Seemed all good, but now I can't get the pictures off of my camera roll and image capture doesn't see my phone. I tried setting it back up to sync to iphoto to get the pics off, but now it wont work.
    I have leopard, and no clue how to find out the software version on my phone, but it is a 16gb 3gs.

ultimate goal . . . . get pics off of camera roll without emailing them to myself.

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

open iphoto, go to ur iphone on the iphoto sidebar, import all those pictures, go to last import after ur done, and highlight all of the pictures, then click and drag one of them to ur desktop, they will all follow, then just drag to the folder you want to sync with.

3. odej98 thread starter macrumors member

Thats part of the problem, iPhoto doesn't even recognize the iPhone is hooked up. Somehow they lost their link to each other

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Delete all photos on your phone that were emailed to you or downloaded from the web.

5. odej98 thread starter macrumors member

very reluctantly going to try this.