iPhone/iPod adapter for 2004 VW Jetta

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ratsg, Aug 25, 2014.

1. ratsg macrumors 6502

iPhone/iPod adapter for 2004 VW Jetta

I have a (new to me) 2004 VW Jetta equipped with the Monsoon audio. I would like to play music from my iPhone thru the stock Monsoon stereo.

Searching the forum archives turned up almost 2 pages of hits, of which probably half a dozen were relevant. Those relevant hits were dated early/mid 2000's and included using the cassette adapter and plugging into the CD changer in the trunk.

Searching my trunk, my vehicle does not appear to be equipped with a CD changer, and although my vehicle does have a cassette player, it has seen better days. I have done the FM transmitter in past lives and I'm not really interested in going that route again.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a hidden AUX input somewhere on this stereo, or there are any other options for the Monsoon audio system.

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

3. ratsg thread starter macrumors 6502

Hello Two2seven,

Thank you for the reply. That is a good link, especially post #10.

http://forums.ilounge.com/399086-post10.html

regarding the Blitzsafe cable. That may be something to follow up on.

I did do my homework going thru the archives prior to posting my questions, and there seem to be a good number of VW stereo post. Given my car is 11 years old, I am hoping that all the options have played themselves out, and that I might get a reply from those who have already crossed this bridge, with either good or bad experiences.

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

No problem! Best of luck!

5. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Good luck! I have a 2007 Toyota Corolla and have yet to find a method beyond an FM transmitter. Dang 2000s cars!