iPhone iPod Controls ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chipps007, Nov 12, 2007.

1. chipps007 macrumors newbie

chipps007

... did I miss something ?

Yes impressive, you can do almost anything with the iTunes like music player.

But just how can you 'Stop' a track .. no not pause it, .. 'Stop' it !! ?? (or Stop the iPod playing ?)

I get one playing (or Video Music) ... go back to Home .. still plays .....Write a text or e-Mail ... still plays ... Oh yeh, if you turn it 'Off' it stops.

'Is' there a stop button somewhere ??????

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

My sister had the same problem with iTunes. Have you noticed a stop button on the normal iPods? There isn't one there either. Pause is basically stop. It stops playing until you choose what to listen to next. Same thing as stop.

3. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

try holding down the home button til it loads up the main menu then load up whatever else it is you wish to do.

4. maximile macrumors member

Why is it so important to have it "stopped" rather than paused? What difference does it make?

It's not as it it uses any more battery when it's paused like a cassette player did.

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

You'll find that although all CD players when they were still popular had a stop button, they normally just Paused the CD until you pressed play and it found where you were again and continued.

Basically the iPod doesnt lie to you, it is just stopping the music until you want to listen to it again, and if you dont, change the track :)