iPhone - iPod freeze

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleuser12345, Sep 29, 2008.

1. appleuser12345 macrumors newbie

Is anyone else having an issue with their iPhone3G's iPod when playing in shuffle mode? After 2-3 songs the phone just freezes (when it is trying to skip to the next song) and each time I have to take out the earphones and shut/restart ipod. I took it to the Apple store a few days ago and they had never heard of this problem before. The genius guy checked the hardware but found no issues and just asked me to restore the software. It worked fine for a few days but it is freezing up again. Btw, I am not running any applications or surfing the internet - just using the iPod.

Not sure if I just have to push Apple to give me a new instrument. Looking for suggestions ... Thanks!!

2. iceman101184 macrumors newbie

Same issue

Hey,

I am having the same exact issue as you. 2-3 songs on shuffle then freeze. It's very infuriating. Thing is -- sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

What I have noticed is that if I do not get phone service (eg no bars) when I'm listening to my ipod this happens; I've never experienced an issue when I have full service.

I do have "genius" running on my ipod/iphone. I'm thinking this may be causing the issue ... possibly.... (but don't know how to turn "off" genius"

Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!