Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I don't always use the sock w/ it... but here ya go:

pic.jpg

pic2.jpg

Apr 10, 2007
just go to wallmart and buy some, dont buy the ones by apple, they are like 30 bucks. Theres alot of off brand ones you can find that are exactly the same but without the apple logo and they are like 6 bucks for like 5.

I used my iPhone in a iPod sock since it came out

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
just go to wallmart and buy some, dont buy the ones by apple, they are like 30 bucks. Theres alot of off brand ones you can find that are exactly the same but without the apple logo and they are like 6 bucks for like 5.

i love the samsung ones for 5bucks

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003

The ones from walmart are smaller and less soft.

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007

Does the iPhone fit well in the cheap ipod socks available at Walmart?

MiLK©

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2007
I got official Apple ones off ebay for £5/$10.

6 cases for a fiver is pretty good.

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
I've settled (for now) on a Best Skin Ever full body skin and an Apple iPod sock for my iPhone protection.

I really like the slim profile of this combo. You really notice how thin the iPhone is when you put it in the sock.

I have tried many cases including the incase rubber and a foof and had reasons to dislike both. For example, the foof leaves ugly black marks all over the BSE skin.

I have basically no drop protection but I'm ultra careful with my iPhone. This is the best thing next to running naked.

DavoMrMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2005
I also use an Apple sock for the iPhone and it works a treat, as it stretches over the iClear cased iPhone (just).

g00k

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2008
does the iphone sock covers the whole phone?
i dont wanna that it looks out even for a few mm...
and in 2of ur 3pics he iphone isnt completely covered.

j3tang

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2006
Toronto, Canada
I've settled (for now) on a Best Skin Ever full body skin and an Apple iPod sock for my iPhone protection.

I really like the slim profile of this combo. You really notice how thin the iPhone is when you put it in the sock.

I have tried many cases including the incase rubber and a foof and had reasons to dislike both. For example, the foof leaves ugly black marks all over the BSE skin.

I have basically no drop protection but I'm ultra careful with my iPhone. This is the best thing next to running naked.

my exact same setup since i had mine last year

pick4270

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
I thought I'd chime in with my solution. I was thinking about a sock to slip the iPhone with case into, but didn't want to drop $30 for the fruity-colored ones from Apple. I use an Incase Slider and a Griffin ClearBoost, both of which are plasticky and slim. A buddy of mine has a Foof for his iPhone, but it's NOT elastic at all and holds the iPhone by itself.

I stopped into a Meijer store of all places (a grocery/household superstore in the midwest) and found a Case Logic "Pockets" case that's a universal pouch for phones, cameras and iPods. They come in several colors (I chose black) and got it for NINE bucks! My iPhone with case fits easily inside, and it has a drawstring and ring to clip it onto a beltloop. Works perfectly for me! If you want to house your iPhone WITH case in a sock-type solution, this works best with plastic or metal based cases. I think leather and rubber cases would be tough to get in and out.

Krelian393

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
I have no idea how that could have happened

Not sure either, but one weekend I decided to use one (thinking it was cool)... By the end of the weekend, I noticed small, hairline scratches on the bottom of the screen where the sock was being taken on and off. They are not the softest things ever...

Krelian393

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
Ohf. Didn't happen to me, although I had literally only had one full day with the ipod sleeve method without a screen protector and it wasn't in my pocket for all of it. Now I've got an invisibleShield so it makes no difference...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.