iPhone/iPod Touch doesn't connect to 360?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vidder, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Vidder macrumors regular

Vidder

Anyone know why the xBox 360 won't pick up the iPhone or the iPod Touch. Not even that I would use it all that much, but sometimes i like to listen to my music while I play a few games. The regular iPods work, but not the touch or the 360...

anyone?

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

It wont work. If you use an old ipod it will work, but not touch / iphone.

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

The reason it wont work is because the iPhone and the iPod Touch basically run a miniature version of Mac OS X which is very different from typical MP3 players. When you plug your iPhone or iPod Touch into your XBOX 360 it's basically recognizing a computer instead of an MP3 player.

4. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

I think XBOX wants you to buy a Zune and plug it in, not an :apple: product.....

XBOX also sux for people with Macs because you can't set up the "Windows Media Connect," which allows you to stream music, videos, and pictures from your PC.

Since I don't own a Mac, I listen to Kid Cudi while crushing newbs at Halo 3 :D

5. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

did you know until know i believe you couldnt even plug the zune into the xbox, and you can set up the mac to run for your xbox 360.But you have to pay 20 bucks to nullriver so that sucks but its worth it :D

6. Vidder thread starter macrumors regular

Vidder

Halo - Shmaylo...you inspired me to start a new thread:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=798372

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

You can plug in classic iPods - it's entirely to do with the iPod/iPhone's lack of a Disk Mode. The Xbox has no access to a standardized file structure.

8. Deviant Diezel macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16)

Wrong, The 360 pics it up just as a digital camera and not mp3 player. :)

9. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

"connect360" is an excellent media centre alternative for OSX

I can steam movies and music from my mac to my xbox and my flatmates xbox in the living room.

The only negative is that i can only link one location for videos and my TV shows and movies are on seperate 1.5Tb hard drives.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. It is just another evil plot from M$!;)