Iphone && Ipod touch problem.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skittlez, Feb 28, 2008.

  1. skittlez macrumors member

    Feb 23, 2008
    So here's my situation. I WANT the iphone, but I don't to get one and a couple of monthes later a new version is realesed. So I'm thinking about just signing up to ATT getting some random phone until the 3G version is realesed and get the ipod touch.

    Or I could get the iphone and then wait until Christmas to get the new version.

    What seems better?

    And anymore suggestions?
  2. nickspohn macrumors 68040


    Jun 9, 2007
    Well, with all the rumors out, if i were you (i have the money) i would buy now and then still buy the same day iPhone 2 is released.

    But i think if you don't care for a phone that much, just get a cheap for that will tide you over for a while, just in case iPhone 2 isn't released soon.
  3. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a


    Sep 10, 2007
    On my iPhone
    I would buy it now and enjoy instead of "I wish I had a ....". It doesn't matter what and when you get it, 6 months later something else will be out that you want instead. Its just the way this technology thing is, hate it;).
  4. skittlez thread starter macrumors member

    Feb 23, 2008
  5. Draddy macrumors regular

    Mar 16, 2007
    I went through the "what if they release the new ones?!!?!?" for a couple of years... back when everyone would get the new iPod when it came out..

    but I've realized ,that with my iPod, Macbook Pro, and now my iPhone (I bought yesterday)... I honestly don't care. What is working now works awesome! The new one really isn't that much better.

    Unless their is absolutely another iPhone coming out in the next couple of weeks... why is it worth NOT enjoying it now? I mean from now till Christmas is a whole 9 months.... just buy it now, sell it in 8 months and then buy the new one..

    or wait till after the new one comes out, sell your current one for like a 12 dollar loss, and put 12 dollars towards a new one.. Apple's always hold their value well.
  6. AceFernalld macrumors 68000


    Mar 3, 2008
    Wait for 3G, or iPhone 2.

    Just wait for the next version iPhone to come out.
    If you buy an iPod touch now, you'll just be buying an iPhone in a couple months, makes no sense.
    Don't get a crappy phone and upgrade to the iPhone, because you'll get charged all sorts of change plan fees, and it's a pain in the ass.
    Whatever you do, Good Luck.
    :apple: FTW! I myself have an iPod touch, and they rock out loud :cool:
  7. JJPNH macrumors newbie

    Mar 5, 2008
    I was in the exact same situation. I was waiting for the 3g iPhone or some other second iteration of the iPhone, so I got the iPod touch around Christmas. As soon as you get used to the iPod touch you will want to purchase the iPhone- the web features and youtube are great when you don't have to find a wifi hotspot, and its easier to use than 99% of the cell phones on the market. Plus, the screen looks better (IMO).

    I sold my iPod touch for $200so basically took a $100 hit. My recommendation, if you have the money, is to spring for the iPhone. I got mine on Sunday and will probably never get a "normal" cell phone or another PDA again.

    And let us know what you decide to do!
  8. JJPNH macrumors newbie

    Mar 5, 2008
    Sorry for the double post, but wanted to add one more thing: there will ALWAYS be speculation and rumors about the product just around the corner. As soon as Apple releases a 3G enabled iPhone, people will start talking about a new iPhone that's half the size, and with a built in retina scanner so nobody will want to steal it. Regardless of how cool the next iPhone is, the current generation is absolutely the coolest toy I've ever owned.

Share This Page