Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2015
Does the iPhone GMS, the iPhone CDMA and the iPhone International(unlocked) share the same firmware IPSW file? or each iPhone has it's own firmware file?

I want to downgrade but before I continue with the process I would like to know this information to download the correct firmware for an iPhone X.

Thanks in advance.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
In the US, there is a GSM model and global model GSM/CDMA. You can go to Settings>General>About and tap on the model to give 5 digit model correspond to Apple LTE specification https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

If you use iTunes to update/restore, it will download the respective firmware or you can manually download it from ipsw.me

A1865 - GSM/CDMA - Global
A1901 - GSM

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2015
In the US, there is a GSM model and global model GSM/CDMA. You can go to Settings>General>About and tap on the model to give 5 digit model correspond to Apple LTE specification https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

If you use iTunes to update/restore, it will download the respective firmware or you can manually download it from ipsw.me

A1865 - GSM/CDMA - Global
A1901 - GSM

I have the international iPhone(A1865) and several sites point to one single IPSW file, but ipse.me have 2 options, one for GSM iPhone and the other for the International iPhone(unlocked). This website shows two options.

By your answer it seems that should exist two files one for GSM/CDMA - Global and the other file for A1901 - GSM?

osxdaily.com and redmondpie.com show only one file. Could it be that the reason why some people have problems with their phones because there are 2 files, and people are downloading the wrong file for their devices?

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
iTunes will not update or restore firmware if it doesn't correspond to the device connected. The IPSW will work for both GSM and Global model since there isn't any specific or separate build number.

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 22, 2015
iTunes will not update or restore firmware if it doesn't correspond to the device connected. The IPSW will work for both GSM and Global model since there isn't any specific or separate build number.

I want to downgrade from 11.2.5 to 11.2.2, for that reason I need to download the IPSW file from one of those sites. I think I have to select the A1865 - GSM/CDMA - Global

Thank your for your help.

raab

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2010
I want to downgrade from 11.2.5 to 11.2.2, for that reason I need to download the IPSW file from one of those sites. I think I have to select the A1865 - GSM/CDMA - Global

Thank your for your help.

If you look at the MD5 hash the files are the same between the "GSM" and "Global" models on ipsw.me so it doesn't matter which one you download

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.