Iphone is amazing!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by APPLEFAN8, May 5, 2009.

1. APPLEFAN8 macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

My friend got the 8GB black Iphone Sunday. He brought it my house and we were messing around. It is defiantly better than my ipod touch that is jailbroken with tons of apps. If I don't hear anything about the iphone coming to Verizon. I'm dropping Verizon and getting the Iphone for AT&T. What do you guys think?

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Drop Verizion for AT&T, yes.

Buy it now? You have come this far, I'd wait another month and see if they release/announce a new iPhone at WWDC.

3. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

There isn't really a difference between the phone and the Touch, besides the obvious.

4. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

...and the camera, and GPS.

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Can you hold off for a few weeks? if you can, you might see some price drops as they get rid of inventory, a new handset at some point in time etc.

6. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I can my mom freaks out though because I told her its 90 dollars a month. I work 30 hours a week make about 500 a check(about 800 a month) and i'm a senior in High School. I have an LG dare and it really doesn't do anything. I'm waiting for the Conference and see what info they put out but sooner or later i'm dropping verizon whether my parents like it or not. lol

7. machacker macrumors regular

I was in the exact same position as you. Stuck with verizon with a Dare that really didn't do anything. I finally got fed up and when I got a job near my campus, I dropped Verizon. It is a lot of money, but it so so so worth it. I never get lost, I never don't have access to my bank account online. It is everything I need, and then some. :D

Do it.

8. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

If those are the two things that has him all excited....meh!

I was stuck with Sprint until they screwed with my administrative fees. :)

9. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

If you don't mind me asking how much would it cost to drop Verizon and switch to AT&T. I heard if you don't have a credit score they charge you 500 for not having one. Just wondering Thanks!!

Well also I can access the internet on the road and stuff! I can't do that with my touch there is no wi-fi on the highway lol

10. devobail macrumors member

Yeah well unlike Verizon, on AT&T there's no SERVICE on a lot of highways, so it wont be much different, you still wont access the internet! :)

11. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

Thats the biggest bonus. You can access the appStore and make apps work anywhere. Where the Touch needs the wifi. That's the cool thing.

12. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

I know lol I already have 5 pages of apps. I'm just going to wait until the WWDC and than make a decision.

13. cobaltchroma macrumors regular

cobaltchroma

att actually has most major highways covered at the very least with Edge, and it switches to 3G around cities.

14. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Cool anyone know what details will be announced at the WWDC?

15. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Wait a week or two, and there will be posts on the boards predicting the whole thing.

16. The General macrumors 601

Let me just hop in my time machine and go find out.

17. machacker macrumors regular

I get service on the highways just fine. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to use the GPS very well. There are VERY few times when I am without service. There are bad spots, but they are just spots.

18. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Let me know what you find out! :D

19. iPhoneFreak17 macrumors member

iPhoneFreak17

exact same situation man...same here,im on verizon got the voyager(doesnt do shitttt)comparing to iphone,and my parents dont like the $90 a month cuz its too much but im still getting it weather they like it or not cuz im working and i cant take it anymore...IM ADDICTEDDDDDDD:eek: lmaoooo

20. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

lol plus i'm 18 so i'm old enough to get my own contract for AT&T.

21. iPhoneFreak17 macrumors member

iPhoneFreak17

exacly...i understand $90 is kinda expensive..but im working and i really think this device is really worth it cuz iphone is sooooo coooooool:D,i mean im still spending the $$ on clothes,food nd other stuff so id rather spend it on something that i will be using daily right

22. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

90$ a month. dear god you have some nice parents. i was lucky when i had my phone under them to have 100 texts at most.

23. APPLEFAN8 thread starter macrumors 65816

APPLEFAN8

Yeah i'm waiting I make around 7-800 a month so i'll be fine there in paying just I think it will cost a lot because of a termination fee for verizon(160) and then sign up on stuff for AT&T plus a security deposit since I don't have a credit score yet.

24. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

So far I have great service along the highways and it does switch to Edge out far past the large cities like you said. I'll see corn for miles and miles and still have great signal.

25. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Hopefully it still works, hope you didn't drop it when you dropped your MBP too :p

(Just poking fun =)