Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ANTMUZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
UK
My iPhone is slowly degrading, the headphones are bust and now, last night, the wifi just completely stopped. It's been reset, restored and forgot and it's still not working.

It's under UK warranty till October, so the big question is do I get it sent in for repair now. Or maybe send it off in a couple of months when there's a chance of a shiny 3G iPhone as a replacement.

I know there's probably a ton of returns and refurbs hanging around and my chances are probably slim at best, but does anyone have experience doing something similar with iPods maybe?

Has anyone returned an old iPod a few months after a new one has come out and been sent the new revision?

Macjames

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2007
Yorkshire, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Send it in now you will get an old model. Wait untill after July 11th and you might be lucky.

jk000

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
UK
It doesn't happen with iPods, as when you have AppleCare they give you a refurbished handset. o2 insurance states you get a brand new handset, not a refurb. It's all down to whether or not o2 have a stock pile of old iPhones that are still sealed in their boxes.

Fireman52SFD

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
Louisiana
As cheap as that POS looks they will probably give you a 3g. If i ever have to send mine in id rather have a refurb original than a new 3g. that plastic looks terrible. Anyone who thinks it looks good is just rationalizing because they sold there first Gen and are in denial because they cannot get it back.

phinnaeus

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
North Carolina, USA
As cheap as that POS looks they will probably give you a 3g. If i ever have to send mine in id rather have a refurb original than a new 3g. that plastic looks terrible. Anyone who thinks it looks good is just rationalizing because they sold there first Gen and are in denial because they cannot get it back.

First you are judging before you even have the device in your hand. Second, you are generalizing, just because some people have different taste than yours doesn't mean they regret selling their previous phones, that statement is just stupid and ignorant. I am disappointed with the new iPhone, but I will wait to complain about its physical appearance until I see it in front of me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.