iPhone is caching email addresses I reply to as contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gopherhockey, Nov 7, 2010.

1. gopherhockey macrumors regular

gopherhockey

One thing I can't figure out how to stop is my iPhone seems to be caching email addresses that I reply to via Outlook as actual contacts on the phone.

If I go to Outlook's contacts, they are not there. They are, however, in the cache... for those that know Outlook, thats how it auto-completes addresses you are typing into the "To" field as it remembers past addresses you used.

I have a feeling this is part of Apple's failing to distinguish contacts in the actual contact list vs. cached email addresses.

Has anyone seen this and know of a way to fix?

Incidentally it seems to happen on an Exchange 2010 server but not an Exchange 2007 SP1 server - both are set as Exchange accounts on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1

2. gopherhockey thread starter macrumors regular

gopherhockey

Note I did find a setting in Outlook 2010 that was saving any new address I typed into the TO field as a contact. This might have been set on one of the Outlook clients I am using (I run a few different VMs/computers). I will keep closer watch on how Outlook 2011 acts.