iPhone Is Completely Dead. Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Swagger714, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Swagger714 macrumors newbie

My iPhone 3gs running firmware 4.3.2 randomly failed to charge. Two nights ago I plugged my iPhone into my wall charge for night. I got up the next day and it was at 15% battery. I had to drive that day so I put it into my car charger/radio station maker, and I turned on my music but when I got to where I was going it was dead. I then went home and left my phone on another wall charger (different charger and different wall) to see this symbol with an almost empty red blinking battery with an arrow outside of it pointing to a lightning bolt. I went out and then came home to find out it was so dead that it didn't even display anything when plugged in.

I have tried putting it into recovery and DFU mode but still nothing.

Much help is appreciated. Please I need help.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Sounds like a hardware issue. Try replacing the battery.

3. Swagger714 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for helping (I know it sounds sarcastic, but it's not). About how much would you guess that something this costs?

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You can get them on eBay for like 15 bucks. The repair is hard if you're new to this but it's pretty straight forward. Just keep track of what screws go where and try not to break anything.

5. Swagger714 thread starter macrumors newbie

I appreciate all of the help man. I hope everything works out for me. Stay golden.

6. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

It sounds like your battery is dead. You could either buy a new battery and try replacing it, or you can get a case/charger.

Typically these recharge your phone to lengthen your battery life but they can also be used over your battery.

Case Charger!

This one is 2000 MAH
    The iPhone is 1420MAH

So you can get a lengthier battery life out of this and no complications.

It fits the iPhone 4, you did not specify what kind, but if you look around you can find case/chargers for the other models as well. Hope this helps.

7. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Let me know how it goes! :)