Iphone is diabled (IPhone 4) Connect to Itunes (can't re-sync) Need data

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by turbowedge, Aug 4, 2011.

1. turbowedge macrumors newbie

Hi, I have disabled my iphone4, originally I just changed my pass code, when I was drunk (and no I did not steal this phone as I have seen in other posts people accusing of this), then the next morning I forgot my pass code, so eventually when it went to 1 hour to try the pass code, I gave up, called my provider (fido) who nicely told me to type in four zeros for the pass code (0000), which they said would bypass my pass code after I did this the stupid phone went into disable mode (emergency numbers only with no opportunity to put a pass code in). So now I am hooped, went back to my provider and they sent me to apple, which apple said only option was to wipe my data, which is not an option as I have allot of sensitive data in it, Mostly the voice recordings is what I need as it is meant for my work.. So I checked out other options on the net. I found one company in the USA that would recover the data for a small fee of omg $1400.00. I don't have that kind of money obviously or I would not be posting. Any suggestions? Even if I can get back to the original menu when you type in the pass-code. Oh yes I have synced the phone to my old laptop which the mother board is gone and therefore I can not re-sync.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Get your laptop repaired and do a restore since the HHD in your laptop is intact.

3. turbowedge thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately the laptop was replaced as under warranty, and I am trying to get a backup from computer trends but they said they might not have original data. So hopefully they do.

4. turbowedge thread starter macrumors newbie

What I am really looking for, is there a way to retrieve my voice recordings, either after or before I wipe the phone?

I was told from where I had the original laptop the data is gone on when the phone was synced. Really pisses me off, but not going to solve my issue.

Please Help, thanks :confused:

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Unfortunately you're kinda stuck, the lock is there to keep your personal stuff private so it's not easy or cheap to circumvent.