iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by idyll, Sep 8, 2015.

1. idyll macrumors 6502

My friend's iPhone is saying "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes" - similar to this screen minus the "try again in 1 minute part":

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Now she cannot put her passcode in even. We connected it to a computer but she still does not have the option of putting her passcode in on the phone.

The issue is she never backed her iPhone up, connected it to a computer, or used iCloud. So if we did erase everything, restoring would be nearly impossible.

What can she do so that she does not lose her data? She has a lot of family members numbers on there that would be a pain to find again. If she brings it to Apple can they help in any way?

2. Tom Levv macrumors newbie

So your friend doesn't use iTunes a lot with her iPhone, right? She can wait for some days and try again. Maybe she will be allowed to enter passcode then.

3. idyll thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, she never used iTunes with her phone actually.

4. Powermax macrumors regular

If it says connect it to iTunes and she never synced it with iTunes before... well then the only way to get it going again is to restore it. If she doesn't have an iCloud backup her data is gone.

5. idyll thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I am afraid is the only solution and what I've told her.

There's nothing Apple or her service provider (T-Mobile) can do for her I assume. She can prove ownership with the receipt (it's just 5 months old), ID, etc.