iPhone is disabled due to wrong passcode entry

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Snehil001, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Snehil001 macrumors newbie

Snehil001

Hello guys I need help!!
    My brothers iPhone 4s is disabled due to wrong pass code entry a lot of times.
    AND the main part is he don't know the Apple ID or the iCloud ID but knows the password.

Pls find a way to bring the iPhone in working condition.

iPhone is on iOS 8

2. I7guy macrumors G5

You have to wait an amount of time, maybe 24 hours, but the phone will unlock itself and give you the ability to enter the password again.

There is no way to bypass that while not wiping the phone.

3. Snehil001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Snehil001

Phone is already left unused for more than 2 days.
    I just want the iPhone in working condition even if I need to restore it or the data is lost.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

Unfortunately without the iCloud id the phone is not usable; as you probably already know and have done all your research before posting here on mac rumors.

Better off buying a new phone.

5. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

6. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68020

You will need to restore it. https://support.apple.com/HT204306

As to not knowing the Apple ID but knowing the password? How does that happen, when the Apple ID either must be entered or is displayed whenever the password is required? The Apple ID (which may be used for iCloud, iTunes/App Store, iMessage and FaceTime) is an email address. If your brother doesn't know his email address(es), or can't try those various addresses in combination with a password he's confident he knows... Think of all the places on a computer that an email address may be found, and start looking.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Something doesn't make sense with this thread.
    If its really his phone he will know the Apple ID and password or have a way to reset it.
    If not then the phone is useless and he will not be able to get passed the activation lock.

8. Snehil001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Snehil001

Hell no the phone is 100% genuine.

Well I was the one who made his Apple ID almost a year ago. He never used any apple facility like iMessage or FaceTime. Whenever needed he simply added the pass given by me. Now none of us remembers the id.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can reset your apple ID password easily if it's really yours or contact Apple to reset it.
    Without that you will not be able to do anything.
    It's hard when you just don't remember anything and you lock the phone by multiple wrong passcode attempts.
    That's what happens to lost or stolen devices.
    Either way you got your answer in this thread. No other options besides what's already posted above. Good luck.

10. I7guy, Jul 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2015

I7guy macrumors G5

There is no way hack into IOS 8 (at least that a mere mortal knows). If the phone is tied to icloud it is important the id and password is remembered; or else the phone is a brick. Since you were responsible for creating that id, you are going to somehow have to remember what it is.

11. Snehil001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Snehil001

Thanks for the reply.
    If he somehow figure out the correct ID. Will I be able to get my data back bcs now he wants his data back. Feeling lost.
    Pls give some suggestions.

12. I7guy macrumors G5

Wish there were better news. I think your phone will eventually unlock.
    1. Need to figure out the passcode to the phone.
    2. In the event 1 can't done, need the apple id/password to restore the phone to be able to use it.

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, whatever is on the phone is gone unless he did a recent backup. It has to be restored now.
    Tell him next time not to keep trying the wrong passcodes and make periodic backups of his devices data.