MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Google reported today that the term "iPhone" topped a list of fastest rising search terms in the U.S. in 2007.

"iPhone, of course, is a word very few people typed in a search box in 2006," said Marissa Mayer of Google, an Internet search engine. "It didn't exist."

iPhone was also top ranking on a worldwide list. Other top-performers were social networking sites, TMZ.com, and "Transformers."

See Also: Google Trends - iPhone

Article Link

bigandtasty

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
a movie filmed in the early 80's where a bunch of people lived in the sand Zunes in the desert:rolleyes:

Comment

jcammo123

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
just goes to show you revolutionary this device really is....

::scratches his head and takes a glance at his iPhone::

Comment

MacGeek7

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2007
a movie filmed in the early 80's where a bunch of people lived in the sand Zunes in the desert:rolleyes:

Oh....you're thinking of The Zune Wars.
A New Zune
The Zune Strikes Back and of course
The Return of the Zune

Comment

Ramchi

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2007
India
Must be "iPhone 1.1.2 OTB"

iPhone buyers during the month of Dec'2007 would have caused most of the search - like me, who have bought 1.1.2 OTB searching for an unlock solution for the past one month without success...

It has become everyday excercise till I can make this expensive paper-weight to work somehow!!!

I have been discouraging others from buying iPhone as well.

Comment

klimegreen

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2007
searches

I wish we could learn about all the sub-search terms.. like "iphone 3gb" etc. that would be interesting. how many searches for iPhone came from an iPhone?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.