Iphone is not recognized by any pc post screen replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by x4dixont, Jan 29, 2010.

1. x4dixont macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have recentley dropped my iphone shattering the top layer of glass, i went to have it professionally repaired and had a new glass screen put on, my iphone charges with a wall charger and even recognises that some accessories are not designed to work with it but when i try to connect it to a pc absolutley nothing happens, ive tried

reinstalling itunes
    hard reset
    changing cables
    changing pc

I don't know if i would need to install the correct drivers? my pc doesnt seem to come up with anything in device manager - really at a loss

could it be the repair of the screen? could the dock connect be broken?

any help would be most appreciated!!!

Thanks

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You had it "professionally repaired," so get them to fix it.

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

if your iPhone was dropped this is most likely the cause of the problem. if it will charge it should connect to the pc. so the dock connector is plugged in and working. if you phone is backed up I would do a full restore on it. there are only 3 ribbons to be connected and if you used a real repair shop I am sure he connected them.

4. x4dixont thread starter macrumors newbie

it connected with the pc after i had dropped it, now it will not do anything but charge post replacement, so the problem could be in the three ribbons? i am thinking about a restore, itunes should have everything backed up shouldnt it? my itunes account should have a record of the apps i have purchased etc so i shouldnt lose those?

5. tiptopp macrumors regular

tiptopp

Restore needs a connection...

If your PC does nothing, and doesn't recognise that there's anything connected, you won't be able to restore. I'd send it back to the repair shop with proof that you'd backed it up the day before and therefore it must have been working when they received it (so they need to fix it).

6. x4dixont thread starter macrumors newbie

i definitley forgot to make a backup before getting it repaired...:(