Iphone is not turning on after installing blacksn0w unlock.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ASAS, Jun 12, 2011.

1. ASAS macrumors newbie

Hello,
    My iphone 3g is not turning on after installing blacksn0w unlock from cydia and it only shows apple logo, but in about 10-15 minutes goes white screen and again shows the apple logo

Please help.

2. johneaston macrumors regular

3. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Hook it up to iTunes, put it in DFU mode and restore.

Why did you use blacksn0w? What baseband did/does your 3g have?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Blacksnow only unlocked bb version 05.11.07
    If you used it with a different version then that would explain it.

5. ASAS thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, after several hours it stopped, and iphone turned off, so i put in recovery mode and restored it ! :) thank you very much

6. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Glad it worked, never heard of Blacksn0w though..

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

No problem. Use ultrasn0w instead to unlock your iPhone

Blacksn0w is GeoHotz's unlock version of Ultrasn0w.

8. ASAS thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont want to make another thread so im going to ask a question here....
    I was jailbreaking my iphone again but with ipad baseband to upgrade my baseband. to unlock the iphone, all jailbreaking process was good until the end when iphone must turn on, it shows only apple logo... So the problem is similar as in 1st post. Where is the problem? i restored my iphone about 5 times !!! please help ;)
    P.S at jailbreaking i didnt choose install cydia because when i choose both ; install cydia and ipad baseband, the program crashes at fetching ipad baseband.

9. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

If you're using Vista or Windows 7 make sure you run Redsn0w in "XP Compatibility Mode"

10. ASAS thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem after problem :(
    So once again i tried to restore iphone but now there is a problem when i restore it, it gives me a message on itunes : the iphone could not be restored 1015
    Im totally confused... What should be my next step?

11. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

It's because you've updated to the iPad baseband and are now trying to do a stock firmware restore. The phone needs to be kicked out of recovery mode now. Do you have a Mac or PC?

What you'll need to do is build a custom firmware that disables the baseband update. After that, simply download ultrasn0w from Cydia.

Also, I'd recommend setting the phone up as a new phone. You mentioned you keep getting the same problem. After the restore is done are you setting it up from a backup? This may be the cause.

12. ASAS thread starter macrumors newbie

If needed i can have and mac and pc. My baseband is 05.14.04 and for ultrasnow i need 06.16.00 or im not right?. Not from backup :|
    and how do that custom firmware?

13. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Oh I misunderstood. I thought you already had done the iPad baseband update, which is 6.15.00 by the way. Since you havent, you will now need to because ultrasn0w is not compatible with the 5.14 baseband.

I'm going to assume you tried restoring to a lower firmware version, which caused the 1015 error. What firmware are you on now? What do you want to be on? If you have no preference I would suggest just restoring to the latest stock 4.2.1 (that's the newest since your on a 3G) through iTunes. After that, download redsn0w, use that to jailbreak and install the iPad baseband. Install ultrans0w via Cydia and you're good to go.

14. ASAS thread starter macrumors newbie

Im now on 4.2.1 but now im stuck in recovery mode :( and i cant get out. I tried with some program tiny umbrella but when i click exit recovery it just shows me an apple logo, and again the recovery mode logo

15. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Have you tried placing the phone into DFU mode? That should allow the restore with no problem.

16. ASAS thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, i tried, but only shows the recovery logo.....

17. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

In DFU mode, you won't see anything but a black screen. What you do is hold down the lock/power button and home button down at the same time for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds, keep holding the home button but let go of the lock/power button. You won't see anything on the phone but the computer will recognize it and should allow the restore to go through.

18. ASAS thread starter macrumors newbie

I did what you said and now the screen is black, but my computer dont recognize it.

19. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

Try a different USB port, a different cable and if necessary a different computer.

If those suggestions don't work, you may have some type of hardware issue and that's why you're running into so many problems.