iPhone is soooo cheap!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlivo, Jun 29, 2007.

1. nlivo macrumors 6502a

Any australians here would agree with me completely.......$600 US is about $700 AUS and all other smart phones are about $1100 AUS......i am so glad i live in australia....i think waiting 'til at least january is worth it for that price.......sorry for all the americans who for them, apparently, is very expensive...but i thought i would just post it 'cause its quite interesting!!!!

PS - apple usually increase the price by about $100 AUS anyway....still cheap.

2. Phormic macrumors regular

Damn right.

It will be fascinating to see the Australian carriers fight to get the rights. After Telstra's Greg Winn called the iPhone "old hat" and came out with the classic quote, "there's an old saying -- stick to your knitting -- and Apple is not a mobile phone manufacturer, that's not their knitting.", Telstra is now desperately backpedalling and now trumpets the fact they're the only carrier in Oz with EDGE.

Optus have had a relationship with Apple in the past and are rumoured to have engineers working on visual voicemail, while Vodafone has to be favourites if Vodafone Europe pick up rights.

Me. I just want a 3G version over here.

3. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

For us in South Africa the price of an iPhone in the US is the same as the price of an 80Gb iPod in South Africa so personally I think if I were in the US I'd get one (or two) but when (if) it ever comes out here I'm sure we'll see it approaching the price of upwards of maybe the equivalent of $720 based on the ±20% increase I've seen on other Apple products sold here:eek: