iphone is stuck on syncing contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by JosephEsquivel, Jul 14, 2008.

1. JosephEsquivel macrumors regular

i did a restore and everything, and it seems to just stay on syncing contacts

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

My computer at work was like that for awhile, I believe. The only way I was able to sync was to disconnect from the internet. I had to reach under my desk and unplug the ethernet cable. Try doing either that, or turning off your wireless and see if that allows it to go through.

Not a very practical solution, I know. Mine eventually fixed itself somehow, I believe.

3. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

if i uncheck everything under the info tab, like contacts an calendar, it syncs my music and videos....gonna try i again after i get that on there

4. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

5. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

I had this happen to me. Check to make sure your not getting a warning about overwriting . It pops up under Itunes. If you close out that it should proceed to update your contacts.

6. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

7. cazlar macrumors 6502

Yep, ilovemygeek is right I think. I had this happen a few times (once with calendar, once with contacts). Both times it (isync or itunes?) was waiting for me to verify changes as too many had changed at once, but the notice was hidden under a bunch of windows. I'd been stuffing around trying to solve the problem for ages and felt stupid when I finally closed all the windows and saw the verify window.

8. JosephEsquivel thread starter macrumors regular

yup, that was it, not my smartest moment....oh well, thats what these forums are for

9. Ilovemygeek macrumors regular

Oh I only figured it out after swearing at my laptop for about 20 minutes, so don't feel bad. lol

10. matts1501 macrumors member

matts1501

wow unbelievable.. just wasted an hour trying to figure that out.. haha a pop up under itunes.. who would have thought

11. epicdeer macrumors newbie

stuck iphone syncing

My iphone 4 suddenly was becoming stuck during syncing (on Contacts or Calendars).

Eventually I found help in this article:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

which told me to reset the sync services folder by going into the terminal app and typing

/System/Library/Frameworks/SyncServices.framework/Versions/A/Resources/resetsync.pl reset

Read the article for complete instructions.

12. christie39 macrumors newbie

hi - this is a great thread. I had that problem on my iPod touch (the background message about certain amount of data being changed) - when i agreed to it, then my sync worked. (this was a week ago)

2 days ago i tried upgrading my ipad. i'm again getting stuck on either calendars or contacts (depending on how many times i plug and unplug :( ) but i'm NOT seeing anywhere in the background this window on the conflicts. could it be hidden. What's worse is now that i upgraded my ipad (tho it won't sync) i also CANNOT sync my ipod now.

i wanna carve my eyes out with a spork. i need to get this fixed. does anyone know where this pop up conflict box might be hidden? i've looked everywhere. :( thanks!

13. xkiller213 macrumors newbie

hmmm.. sometimes you might want to check if OUTLOOK.EXE is running in the background.. it might have hung, causing the sync to fail... at least that's what happened to me...