iPhone is synced to PC, wont sync to Mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by solarguy17, Feb 25, 2010.

1. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

I just got a new MacBook and I transferred all of my music, movies, pics, ect over from my Vista machine. I plugged my iPhone in to the MacBook to resync the libary to the MacBook but, the iPhone doesnt show up in iTunes.
    But I plug into my Vista machine it still is recognized in itunes.

So far everything I found in the iphone and itunes forums pertains to problems with the iphone not being recognized by a windows based computer, its almost as if no one has any problems getting their mac to "see" the iphone...

Just for info I an running Snow Leapord on my macbook, Vista on my HP PC, and 3.1.2 JB iPhone 3Gs.

Any idea????

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

3. solarguy17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

this didnt work.

im thinking about restoring my phone and just syncing it to the mac, but i dont want to lose my jailbreak....

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

That would work, but since it syncs to your PC obviously nothing is wrong with the phone. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes on your Mac.

5. solarguy17 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah I tried that earlier, but I did it again and did the whole restart mac and iphone and then it worked. Yea!

Thanks