Iphone isnt calling/ ringing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by madnomad, Aug 5, 2008.

1. madnomad macrumors newbie

When I make a call it pops up and ....thats it.it doesnt make a dial tone sound. The lil timer starts counting, but nothing. I even waited for a few moments. The iphone just ends the call. The bonus is I still get charged as i have a gofone account. Anyone have a clue? oh and I still can recieve calls and text.....anyone?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Restart the phone, remove and reinsert the SIM. Failing that, restore the software, and try it again.

TEG

3. shinenjk macrumors regular

Restart/reset your iPhone.

4. madnomad thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm

now i make a call...and hit the speaker button...and i can hear a faint dialing. when i hit it back i hear nothing. I did restart my iphone and reset it back to factory condition. I am going to remove and replace sim card now

5. madnomad thread starter macrumors newbie

need help!!!!!

Ok If i use an ear peice I can make a call but the internal earpiece is faulty. Maybe it has to do with the iphone thinking something is jacked in? Its very strange. I did a test and called my brother normally. I couldnt hear him and vice versa. Then recalled with earphones plugged in and all was good. What the dilly yo? Anyone know if this can be fixed without going to an apple store. Thanks for any insight.
    ~Mark

6. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Here's a test. Do this with no headphones connected:
    Adjust the volume using the rocker switch. If it says "ringer (headphones)" instead of just "ringer" your headphone jack may be a bit crudded up, so your phone thinks there are headphones plugged in. Hence, no sound from the earpiece.
    Plug and unplug your headphones 9-10 times and see if that clears it up.