Iphone isn't read by iTunes, will not turn on, won't reboot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Keegan Lodder, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Keegan Lodder macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2010

I have been tirelessly fiddling with my useless block of plastic in an effort to unlock (my 16gb Iphone 3G) for use on a Bell network.

After unlocking and jailbreaking multiple times...I finally used Pwnage to create and restore with a custom iOS, after doing this...iTunes gave me error messages every time i plugged it in and it would be stuck in recovery mode. I could try to restore but at the end of the 10 minute process my iTunes would give me the 1015 error message (even if i was trying to do an official Apple 4.2 restore).

Now I have jailbroken with redsn0w and used pwnage again in an effort to retrace my steps....turns out now I am in a position that I have not heard anyone else be in...

I am unsure which firmware is on the iPhone because I have had 2 unsuccessful restore sessions and Pwnage hasn't been able to recognize any of the firmwares I selected during the pwnage process....the iPhone goes into recovery mode for about 10 seconds when I reboot it and then abruptly shuts down. Lastly, my iTunes will not identify the device, and I can't put it into DFU mode...
    redsn0w can't find the device and I can't restore with a Pwnage iOS because iTunes won't read the device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
  2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

Oct 21, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    What firmware did you make the custom ipsw for?
  3. Keegan Lodder thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2010
    I used it to upgrade baseband so I used iOS 4.2.1 and Ipad 3.2.2