Iphone isn't read by iTunes, will not turn on, won't reboot

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Keegan Lodder, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Keegan Lodder macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have been tirelessly fiddling with my useless block of plastic in an effort to unlock (my 16gb Iphone 3G) for use on a Bell network.

After unlocking and jailbreaking multiple times...I finally used Pwnage to create and restore with a custom iOS, after doing this...iTunes gave me error messages every time i plugged it in and it would be stuck in recovery mode. I could try to restore but at the end of the 10 minute process my iTunes would give me the 1015 error message (even if i was trying to do an official Apple 4.2 restore).

Now I have jailbroken with redsn0w and used pwnage again in an effort to retrace my steps....turns out now I am in a position that I have not heard anyone else be in...

I am unsure which firmware is on the iPhone because I have had 2 unsuccessful restore sessions and Pwnage hasn't been able to recognize any of the firmwares I selected during the pwnage process....the iPhone goes into recovery mode for about 10 seconds when I reboot it and then abruptly shuts down. Lastly, my iTunes will not identify the device, and I can't put it into DFU mode...
    redsn0w can't find the device and I can't restore with a Pwnage iOS because iTunes won't read the device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    :mad:
    thanks

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

What firmware did you make the custom ipsw for?

3. Keegan Lodder thread starter macrumors newbie

I used it to upgrade baseband so I used iOS 4.2.1 and Ipad 3.2.2