iPhone isn't ringing, notifying of messages/emails and volume buttons aren't working.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sazza85, Feb 17, 2011.

1. sazza85 macrumors member

Okay so i've been away 2 days attending a funeral and phone was pretty much on silent all of the time, Ive just got back and realised that I'm no longer getting notification sounds for emails, messages, push messages etc. I've also noticied that the volume control buttons on the side aren't working.

However, I have sounds eg: music, can go into settings, select ringtone and hear the preview.

Silent's not on, all the settings are on for sound, even restored the phone and nothing changed.

I'm finding it really bizzare.... Any Suggestions????

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. sazza85 thread starter macrumors member

I stated intially in my first post that I had even restored the phone, even keyclicks arent working.......

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

To me "restore" means "restore to factory defaults." Did you restore to factory defaults and the device still doesn't, or did you restore to a previous backup and it still doesn't play sound?

In either case you'll probably just have to take it in.

5. Gavernty macrumors 6502

when you press your volume button does the little speaker pop up and say headphones on top of it. My iphone got stuck in headphone mode for a while and wouldnt play any sounds.

6. sazza85 thread starter macrumors member

I've done both, restored to factory defaults, and restored it to a previous backup.

Still fails to do any notification..

It's not stuck in headphone mode cause strangely enough it plays ringtones if i go into settings, plays music and my alarm still goes off...

oh and if i press volume button NOTHING happens, that's the thing lol

It is VERY strange....

I'm booked in to apple tomorrow but was wondering if anyone knew of anyway to fix it, ive spent 18hours driving in the last 2 days and another 2 hours of driving to go to apple tomorrow didn't sound that appealing but it sounds better than having a phone that doesn't want to notify me if someone is trying to get a hold of me lol

7. Shavounm macrumors newbie

The same thing is happening to my phone. What was it and how did they fix it.