Iphone Issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TINCAN78, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TINCAN78 macrumors regular

My iphone used to sync with my old Sony Vaio, anyway got myself a nice shiny new 24" iMac yesterday and synced up the iphone with it, all was well until i removed it from the dock and now the Iphone won't do anything, the unlock button and home button do nothing, the screen remains black.

I ejected the sim card and the iphone sprung to life, re inserted the sim and played for a while and all was well. Then relocked the iphone and back to not unlocking etc..

Any ideas

2. TINCAN78 thread starter macrumors regular

Managed to soft reset it (found out how on a post here) and it seems to be ok again, is this a problem that i need to be concerned with... i.e hardware about to go wrong etc??

Soft reset was done by holding down the top button and home button for a few seconds until the apple logo appeared and that was it reset.

3. TINCAN78 thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone know how i can sync to my new Imac but keep all my music, ringtones etc..... Just that its synced already with the new iMac but now when i try to change to manual it wants to lose all the stuff on it..

Anyway around this ?