iPhone issues after screen / digitizer replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rookpsu, Sep 4, 2012.

1. rookpsu macrumors member

I've recently been swapping a few screens for friends with busted iPhone displays.

No issues until recently. One friend, whose screen I replaced a few weeks ago, recently reported that the display was giving her intermittant problems.

Check the images below. She says while calling and texting it's fine, however when she's in Instagram she's getting that inverted color issue and occasionally the lock screen displays those lines as shown below. Again, both issues seem to be intermittent.

I realize this is a shot in the dark but I'm curious if someone else has stumbled across similar behavior. I'm hoping it's just a loose wire or maybe a grounding issue and not a defective screen but... I'm not optimistic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rookpsu thread starter macrumors member

Which one is the "flex cable"?

3. yateseyd1991 macrumors regular

Looks like the flex cable may in fact be damaged at its weakest point between the digitiser and LCD, I would install a new display assembly just to make sure the problem doesn't happen again

:apple: iPhone 4S 32GB White, iPad 3 16GB WiFi Black, iPod Classic 5.5G 120GB, iPod Nano 6G 8GB, Shure SE425's :apple: