Iphone issues please help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by x7anoonah, Jun 4, 2012.

1. x7anoonah macrumors newbie

I am hoping that since you all seem to know everything about IPhones someone will know how to help me bc I am about crazy over this :p

I have a Iphone 3gs and its updated to the 5.1.1

It is jailbroke with redsnow bc I bought it from home (America) and had it shipped to where I live now (KSA).

A popup comes on saying that I need to restore yet when I do it finishes then says error 1. I have tried it normal, in DFU mode you name it but this ALWAYS happens.

I have no idea what to do anymore? The phone says searching always and does not pick up wifi or anything. Please help me, thank you..

btw this is my first Iphone and I have no idea what terms and such means other then what I have stated so please speak to me like the Iphone newbie I am. and thank you :D

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

Did you buy the 3gs new or second hand? if it was second hand... were you able to put any sim card into the phone?

If so then it might have had the ipad baseband on the phone and this will cause issues if you try updating to stock ios rather than a custom one.

3. iToonz macrumors member

Sounds like you have hardware problems. Check some of my privous posts. I had a similar issue.

4. x7anoonah thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea, I bought it second hand. I bought two one worked (not mine wahh) and this one has had the above issues. It was not jailbroke when I got it and I did that. I was supposed to install ipad base when jailbreaking but it would never work so I unchecked it and it worked and jailbroke it that way.

When I put my sim card in it nothing happens it does not pick up my wifi and just says searching. I am trying to do this myself bc NO ONE here seems to have any clue to what they are doing so its this or nothing.

Thank you for helping me :) It WAS 4.2.1 and I updated it to 5.1.1

----------

Yea, I think so. Thats what I have thought from the start btw I put it in the freezer bc I read that here LOL but nope nothing changed :p

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds to me like you fried the radios by installing the ipad bb on an incompatible newer 3GS model.

6. x7anoonah thread starter macrumors newbie

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Down load the correct IPSW for 5.1.1 to your desktop. Use Redsn0w to put the phone in pwnedDFU mode. Use iTunes to navigate to the IPSW on the desktop.
    If you get a "1 or -1" error at the end, use TinyUmbrella to try and kick it out of recovery.

If someone tried to flash the iPad baseband before you bought it (was this bought as a used phone) then the phone might be ruined and you got scammed.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Plug it to Tinyumbrella and see what baseband version it lists if any.