iPhone/iTunes App Update inconsistency

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by doobs, Jul 23, 2008.

1. doobs macrumors regular

App Store on my iPhone says I have 1 update to install, but it does not show up in iTunes after refreshing many times. The update shown on my iPhone is indeed a newer version than installed on my iPhone and iTunes. Does any one also have this problem?

2. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Yes I had this problem.

Update it on your phone and delete it from iTunes.. hook up your iPod/iPhone and resync.

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I had the opposite issue yesterday with Labyrinth LE. Saw it on itunes in the app store, but when I searched for it in the app store from the iphone, it wasn't there. When I checked an hour later it was there.

So apparently the app store in itunes and on the phone aren't pulling from the same database, which is kind of strange.

4. doobs thread starter macrumors regular

weird...I should be able to install an update through iPhone App Store without having to uninstall it in iTunes. It seems that the iTunes update listings are updated less frequently than on iPhone.

5. tongteh macrumors 6502

having a very similar issue here.. :( wonder what's causing this inconsistency???

6. Fe1 macrumors regular

I've had this issue forever. I posted in another thread that there is a quickie solution:

- Purchase it again via iTunes (you are not charged, but make sure the directions say, "This upgrade is free")

After an issue with an app whose update I disliked, I have always updated via iTunes, never via the iPhone itself. That way I can get to keep the old app, which can be rescued from the bin once downloaded.

I am guessing the lag is due to some GMT constraints. I really have no idea but it is annoying.

7. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

I believe the databases used for each are separate and not always synced at the same time. Thus, the inconsistency.