iPhone/iTunes capacity problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sookainian, Oct 23, 2008.

1. sookainian macrumors regular

I've having this capacity bar reading problem. Some times my iTunes will show only Apps 1.9MB and sometimes it will show Apps 715.2MB

What i have notice is that, if my it is showing Apps 1.9MB, once i restart my iPhone and reconnect it to iTunes again, it will show App 715.2MB.

But after a few sync or a day of usage, once i reconnect my iPhone to iTunes again, it'll show Apps 1.9MB. I've have to restart my phone again to get App reading 715.2MB

What's the problem with my iPhone ?? =(

Am i the only one having this problem ??

Attached Files:

2. greggov macrumors member

this happens to me too, probably about once a day or so. I've just learned to live with it. I have noticed though that the smaller amount shows up after plugging the phone in after just having been restarted. It then seems to show the correct capacity after using the phone for a bit.

My assumption is that when you turn it back on, all the caches are cleared, and itunes doesnt know the proper allocation between apps and 'other' when you plug it in, and after playing with the phone for a while, it seems to straighten out.

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. My other friends with iphones thought i was crazy lol