iPhone + iTunes = Crash?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Project-79, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Project-79 macrumors 6502

Project-79

Last night I synced my iPhone with iTunes to get an app (Aurora) which I downloaded through iTunes. The first time I synced it, iTunes said it could not install the game on my iPhone. So, I resync my iPhone, and it starts installing. The bar on the top is slowly moving along, until about ~95%. I come back to check on it 20 minutes later, nd it is still at the same spot. So, I click cancel sync, and disconnect my iPhone (after it stops syncing). But, to my surprise, there was the app, on my iPhone. So, today, I go to sync my iPhone for a new video on iTunes. But, everytime I plug in my iPhone, iTunes totally crashes. It just stops responding, but as soon as I disconnect my iPhone, iTunes works fine.

Is there a way to fix this? I've tried: restarting my computer, turning off my iPhone, reinstalling iTunes, and resetting the defalts in my iPhone.

Anyone have this problem

Thanks for any help!

P-79

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Repair permission on the computer. Beyond that, throwing away iTunes and all iTunes preferences then reinstalling should fix that.

TEG

3. Project-79 thread starter macrumors 6502

Project-79

What permissions are you referring too? Windows file permissions? Or iTunes permissions?

Are you referring to the iTunes directory under the user's "Application Data\Apple Computer" directory?

Thanks!

P-79

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, TEG got it right. I had to trash iTunes, then reinstall iTunes and just pulled up my iTunes account and "POOF" everything I purchased was installed in a few minutes...:cool:

5. MrBackUp macrumors newbie

I have the almost exact same problem as the OP. I have tried reinstalling iTunes, but all my info (music, movies, etc) is still there.

BackUp

6. MrBackUp macrumors newbie

So what do I need to delete to get rid of my iTunes preferences?

BackUp

7. gortraney macrumors newbie

gortraney

iPhone crashes itunes!!

Since the 16th July nearly everytime i connect my iPhone 3G S to my PC it crashes iTunes. The battery charge starts, it offers to open the iPhone for photos and bang iTunes freezes and i have to x out of it. I've tried my ipod and it works fine. I've tried two different USB cables.... Contacted Apple helpdesk and they told me to uninstall itunes, quickplayer, apple updater and mobile support. Did this and reinstalled itunes and the same thing happens! Not sure if it is the new itunes update as i did a full system restore on PC to get old version and the same happened. Any suggestions?

8. funkyboozer macrumors newbie

i have the exact same problem as gortraney above.

itunes works fine until i plug in the iphone 3GS. A window opens to ask me what i want to do with the iphone cameras photos and then itunes freezes.

Ive reinstalled itunes a number of times, deauthorizerd and aurthorized the PC and deleted all the podcasts, but still it doesnt want to work.

Somebody out there must know somthing! Apple seem to know nothing.

9. Adamic39 macrumors newbie

Any updates on this problem? I just tried to sync my iPhone 3Gs, and on finding photos iTunes crashes. I would love to hear of a fix.

10. toastbuster macrumors newbie

delete podcasts

I deleted my iPhone podcasts and iTunes stopped crashing when I connected my iPhone 3G.