Iphone/Itunes HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cosnowsurfer, Apr 26, 2010.

1. cosnowsurfer macrumors newbie

Hey,

So I am having some real trouble with my iphone. I have a 16gb unlocked and jailbroken iphone. I cannot get my itunes to recognize it unless I completely delete and reinstall itunes. I do not have trouble on any other computer if I plug the phone into there. Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong with the computer I have? Or any idea how to fix the problem? Thank you!

Tessa

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If you reinstalled iTunes and it recognizes your iPhone, what's the problem?

3. cosnowsurfer thread starter macrumors newbie

The reinstall only worked the one time. Once I unpluged my phone and pluged it in again it didn't recognize it was connected. The phone will charge just not appear in iTunes. Am I going to have to delete and reinstall iTunes every time I want to add new stuff to my phone?

4. -Leigh- macrumors regular

You're not using iTunes 9.1 on Vista/7 are you? As there are issues with that combo, it managed to wipe my iPhone. I've had to go back to 9.0.3.

If not ignore this.

5. cosnowsurfer thread starter macrumors newbie

I do have iTunes 9.1 Do you think that could be the problem? If so how do I revert to an older version?

6. -Leigh- macrumors regular

There are bugs in 9.1 for vista/7, just google it, many appear. There are quite a few different problems appearing. Mine was iTunes locking up and stopping responding when syncing my iPhone. Now I've gone back to the previous version, it has seemed to corrupt some of my music library. Great one Apple. But as long as I don't try and sync those music files, it's all back to normal.

You can download previous versions of iTunes from here: http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php

7. cosnowsurfer thread starter macrumors newbie

I will try it and let you know. Thank you so much.