iphone/itunes pictures & video help please...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by artofdesign, Jun 23, 2010.

1. artofdesign macrumors member

Where does my PC/itunes store the pics and vid on from my iPhone?
    I haven't sound this file/location, so I thought when I restored/activated iphone 4 it would not have these, but it does, all 1600+.

So where are these on my computer?

If i delete a pic/vid from my iphone itself, will it delete it from the computer, whereby its gone forever? Or would it add it back on at next sync?

Can I individually delete items from the computer and on a sync it will delete them from the phone?

Any settings from this? I thought i remember a "pictures" tab in itunes before...wheres that at now?

Thanks in advance...

2. artofdesign thread starter macrumors member

3. cowsrus macrumors 6502

user>libraries>pictures

thats where mine are!

4. artofdesign thread starter macrumors member

can someone PLEASE answer all of my questions?

5. artofdesign thread starter macrumors member

N/M got the answers elsewhere. in case it helps others:

Where does my PC/itunes store the pics and vid on from my iPhone?

It is in the backup in the iTunes folder

I haven't sound this file/location, so I thought when I restored/activated iphone 4 it would not have these, but it does, all 1600+.

So where are these on my computer?

If i delete a pic/vid from my iphone itself, will it delete it from the computer, whereby its gone forever? Or would it add it back on at next sync?

If you delete it from your camera roll, it will be removed from the backup (therefore the computer) and will be gone forever. For pictures and videos taken with the iPhone, you should import them from the phone to your PC (using scanner and camera wizard, for example) and back them up to removable media for safety.

Can I individually delete items from the computer and on a sync it will delete them from the phone?
    You cannot delete individual photos from your iPhone backup as the photos are not stored in a format that would allow you to see the individual photos.
    Any settings from this? I thought i remember a "pictures" tab in itunes before...wheres that at now?
    I think you are confusing photos with the Camera Roll. Photos stored on your computer can be synched to the iphone for viewing. The actual jpeg is not synched to the phone; rather a low resolution image suitable for viewing on the iPhone. These photos are NOT backed up as the originals already reside already on your computer. Photos/vids taken BY the iPhone reside in your camera roll. They ARE backed up during an iphone backup. But as I said, you should import them onto your computer and back them up to removable media for safety.

6. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

wow thats not how i do it. but i use a Mac. On Mac's iphone stores photo's in iphoto.