iPhone & iTunes plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spyz88, Feb 15, 2008.

1. spyz88 macrumors regular

I have an iPhone and most of my iTunes library is actually through iTunes. The one thing that annoys me is the fact that the higher bit-rate songs are louder on the iPhones speaker (which is the way I listen to them at work) and im constantly having to make it lower then louder and so on and so forth. Is there anyway to make them all 128kbps? Many thanks!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Can you not just use Sound Check on the iPhone? Does that not help?

TEG

3. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

If you lower the bit rate to 128 from the DRM free songs which are 256 then the quality of your music is going to decline. You stated you listen at work to the louder version which would be the 256 drm free songs.

I am personally trying to raise my bit rate, not lower it. Everything I do now is 256 VBR which for the most part gives a higher bitrate then the 256 norm.

To answer your question you can always down grade a song to the 128. But once done, you will loose the quality and it can not be reversed. If you go into settings and the advance tab. Change to .mp3 128 bitrate. Then go into your music library and find those 256 songs and right click on advance and select convert song to mp3. This will only work on the DRM Free songs or those that you have ripped.

Still don't understand why you want to lower your quality, but there it is.

Good Luck

4. spyz88 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. The reason is because I cant raise songs from 128 to 256, so if im listening to the iPhone on a certain volume, lets say I am listening to a 128 song on the iPhones speaker. I have it set at a volume where it does not disturb anyone. Then when a 256 song comes on it gets louder then I want it and people look at me. I am aware I can use headphones LOL but thats not allowed.

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

This is precisely what 'Sound Check' accomplishes.

6. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

I would have to agree with ntrigue or another option is to right click on the 256 song and select the top choice "view something" (at work) and under the sounds tab...lower the volume down a notch . At least then you maintain your higher quality library.

Good Luck

7. spyz88 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Sound Check worked perfectly. Thanks alot for helping me out. You guys rock :D