iPhone JAILBREAK backup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tushar437, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Tushar437 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Guys i jailbreak my iPhone 4 and take its back up via itunes
    And After few days i restore my iPhone in its original non jailbroken state to remove the jailbreak

Can i restore the back up i made when my phone was jailbroken ??

I just want to know if i do restore the backup i made when my phone was jailbroken
    Will it cause any sort of problem or difference of any kind
    Because of the fact that my iPhone is no longer jailbraked ??

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

You should be able to restore from your backup when it was jailbroken without a issues as itunes doesn't backup the jailbroken information.

3. Tushar437 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thnx man thats all i wanted to hear

Just a small favour more
    Can u tell me a reliable source for jailbraking??
    I'm currently on 4.3.4 and jailbreakme.com doesnt support it

P.S
    Thnx a million u cleared a big doubt for me

4. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

Yes it does backup some jailbroken information. For example if you change your carrier name via makeitmine it will keep it changed even on a nonjailbroken device if you restore using that backup. Also some plists and such are backed up but all in all if you restore from back up you should not have any problems :)

Some people experience battery issues and such (could just be paranoid) and so restore as new always (personally I do this) so the choice is yours but you should be good ;)

5. OhioLefty macrumors regular

iClarified.com is a good source with detailed directions for jailbreaking.

Pirating apps ("get the paid apps on the appstore for free") is illegal and asking how to do it will get you little help if any. The discussion of said activity may also get you a warning from the moderator as this is not permitted in this forum per terms of agreement.

6. Tushar437 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops sry
    And thnx again !!