iPhone Jailbreak Problem. Need Help ASAP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 08mxkfx, Oct 17, 2010.

1. 08mxkfx macrumors regular

08mxkfx

I have my iPhone 4 jailbroken and unlocked on 4.01 and something went wrong cause the phone shut off and wont turn on. It just goes to the apple screen then sits there for a few seconds and shuts off. I want to retore it but i cant cause itunes says the 4.01 custom firmware isnt compatable. How do i get around this? Or is there any other way to update it but keep it unlocked and jailbroken?

2. Flyinb macrumors member

There are several other posts already Tinyumbrella and MRoogle are your friends.

3. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

Well that would help if tiny umbrella would recognize my phone. My phone wont do anything beside stay on the apple screen for a second. And only itunes will recognize it in recovery mode.

4. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

I've heard that a program called Recboot can kick iPhones out of recovery mode.

5. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Well itunes isn't the only thing that will recognizes it, it might be the only thing you have download that will recognize it. For future reference thread title with "HELP ASAP" generally don't get met with a great response.

Jailbreaking isn't fool proof and it requires a certain amount of knowledge. You can begin by educating yourself here. You need to provide a little more information like if you have your SHSH blobs saved.

6. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

what i dont get is the phone was working fine for months and all of a sudden yesterday i was making a phone call and it shut off. The phone wont do anything until you plug it in to a power source then it goes to the apple screen stays there for a second then shuts of and keeps repeating the process.

7. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

And yet your still not providing the necessary information ..

8. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

I havent saved my SHSH blogs, i jailbroke it with jailbreakme.com. I have alittle bit of experience with jailbreaking since ive jailbroken every iphone iver had and ive had everyone. itunes will only let me restore and update but if i do that i know ill lose the ability to unlock.

9. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

In my experience, when iDevices do break down, it tends to be sudden. It's not like a computer that chugs along choking on a faulty hard drive or failing system components. It tends to either work smoothly, or not at all.

10. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

i kinda need my phone so any help would be great!

11. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

And yet again..... Help me help you help yourself.

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

And that will be why you aren't able to restore to any OS other than 4.1. Not sure how you missed that if you've been jailbreaking for a while. I believe tinyumbrella should let you update while preserving your baseband.

13. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

So your an experienced jailbreaker and didn't know to click the "make my life easier" button in cydia? You can restore to 4.1 and use TU to keep you BB.

14. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

No i didnt click that. I now know i should of but i never knew it was that big of a deal. How would i restore to 4.1 but keep my baseband?

15. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

and that would let me unlock it still correct?

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

We already told you, use tinyumbrella!

17. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

one thing i was wondering is TU still doesnt find my phone

18. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

19. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

I can only get it to show up on itunes when i hold the slep and home for 10seconds then hold home for 5 seconds. It shows up in itunes as in recovery mode I cant get the phone to do anything unless its plugged in.

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

If it's showing up in iTunes, I don't know why Tinyumbrella doesn't detect it.

21. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

Are you in recovery or DFU? Is there a picture of the cable and itunes on the screen of the phone?

22. 08mxkfx thread starter macrumors regular

08mxkfx

no i cant get that to show up not matter what method i use.

23. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

I'm not even sure TU needs to be able to detect your device to prevent the BB update but you can go ahead and get your 4.1 blobs saved by using THIS and copy your ECID into TU.