iPhone Jailbroken Fanmade commercial

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethan028, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

2. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

I think you need to go back to your drawing board. I don't see what you try to tell with this ad, so it will not make me wanting it.

On my carrier I already can tether for free ... soon I will be able to use the hotspot feature. That is one thing your commercial tries to point on but everything before does not tell me anything...

It's not meant to sound harsh.

3. rc51aaron macrumors member

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

I agree that this doesn't really tell us anything. Outside people who aren't familiar with the iPhone wont get the significance of creating a wifi hotspot, especially with the well publicized fact that all iPhones will be able to do it soon. Maybe you should show some whiz bang effects like Barrel's curl and roll away, plus increase the speed with fakeclockup. That'll impress the masses.

5. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Shorten the sequences where the app is processing. You'll notice Apple does this consistently, because watching the app process is not only boring, but makes the phone look slow.

Other than that, technically well done, but you need to rethink the story. I understand that you're trying to show the phone creating a WiFi hotspot... but that's because I know what MiWiFi is.

If I didn't, I'd have no idea what this ad was trying to get across.

6. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll probably remake it when I have the time soon.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

It's more like a MyWi commercial. There's so much more jailbreak has to offer.

Other than than, it's nice. :)

8. aluren macrumors 65816

You could have done so much more to promote jailbreak. If I were to do a jb commercial, I would show sbsettings, lockinfo, quick SMS reply with bitesms, infinidock, infinifolders, elert, tlert, etc. But good first try nonetheless. Would have been nice if you showed a wifi iPad connected to mywi at the end.

9. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

10. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

That in no way made me want to jailbreak my phone.

11. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

It wasn't supposed to make you jailbreak your iPhone..i was just having some fun.

Thanks guys for the other comments though i defiantly like the iPad idea and the Lockinfo that would be a major selling point.

Thanks again guys i will update the commercial eventually :D

12. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Needs more examples of jailbreak apps (bitesms, sbsettings, video wallpapers)... and as others mentioned skip the loading time and don't show so much MyWi!

13. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

you might want to try doing one of the ones with a narrator instead of just a song in the background

for example, the narrator could say

say you're on vacation, and your hotel charges for WiFi...etc etc

14. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028