Iphone jailbroken, restore to factory, won't start

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by placidacid, Aug 29, 2010.

1. placidacid macrumors newbie

I have an iphone that i had jailbroken, but wasn't jailbroken to the right version so i was going to restore it (wipe everything from the phone with 'settings', 'reset' etc...

I did this and then the 'loading' bar started to do its thing and then changed to the small circle loading bar. It didn't move for a few minutes so i held the menu and off button for a few seconds to restart it. Now it just comes up with the apple symbol (and the loading circle icon) superimposed over the bottom of the apple icon.

The circle spins around for about 15 seconds then slows down and stops, and after about 5 minutes it just restarts itself and does it again, In a restarting loop. I have no idea what to do. I tunes doesn't recognize the iphone either.

Also after about the first 20 secs of each reastart, a line of glitched pixels appears in the top right, maybe an indicator that the jailbreak ****ed some startup function files? I dunnooooo. Any small amount of help greatly appreciated... :confused::confused::confused:

2. tizzl10 macrumors regular

tizzl10

the glitched line is normal with the jailbreakme exploit. everybody has that line. you need to use tinyumbrella to kick you out of recovery.