iPhone just doesnt come on...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cashsimpson, Jan 22, 2008.

1. cashsimpson macrumors member

cashsimpson

So i've had my iPhone since they did the price drop and its got a good plastic case with the protective film...i baby is the point. But lately I've had problems where, like the other day for instance, i just got done with a call, i hit 'end call' and my screen goes black. I hit the home button and nothing..i hit the power bottom and nothing. i double tap the home button and nothing. i then hold down the power button to try to reset it ...nothing. I let it sit for about 2 minutes and starting pushing buttons again cuz now i'm going to flip out. after about 5 minutes it comes back on. i've had this similar thing happen about 2 times in the last month. I'm fully updated and my phone is in perfect condition...anyone else getting this? any ideas before i just take it to apple.

2. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

that has happened a few times on mine,
    but most of the time with the right combination of home/sleep button pushes it will come back on!

it seems to happen more since the latest update though.
    the other day the phone wouldnt wake at all, so I finally had to do a hard reset! (hold sleep/wake and home button for 15 seconds)

3. cashsimpson thread starter macrumors member

cashsimpson

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I concur...

since the Apple Store Genius will do the exact same thing; then run a diagnostic verifying that your iPhone can be restored, and that the software is not the problem. After these issues are addressed, then you'll get a new replacement iPhone. Good Luck! :cool: