iPhone just prompted me to setup Voicemail after I had already done so

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamesarm97, Jul 16, 2007.

1. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

I setup voicemail first thing when I purchased the iPhone on the 29th. Just today I had missed a call so I clicked on the voicemail icon to see if they had left one. To my surprise it acted like I had not setup voicemail at all. It prompted for a password, then had me select Custom or Default voicemail greeting. Has anyone's voicemail been reset like that today?

- James

2. RidleyGriff macrumors regular

Hi James--

I have not had problems today, but I did have the same issues happen sometime last week. I know that before it had happened, my mailbox was full, and people trying to leave messages weren't able (downside of Visual Voicemail I suppose; I liked having the messages all right there i didn't think to delete them).

Anyway, I've had no problems since setting it up again. Do you know if your mailbox happened to be full before the problem struck?

3. uscmatt macrumors member

I had the same thing happen yesterday. A friend of mine called me and told me that my call back message wasnt active anymore, she was just getting the default automated message. I went into my voicemail and it acted like I had never set it up before. Had to enter a new password and record a new message.

The only thing I can think of is that when I got a few services changed at an AT&T store on friday, maybe it reset my voicemail...?

4. The Prise macrumors member

actually i think its becuase the guy helping you at ATT was a longhorn and us longhorns love making the loss even harder on you trojans anyway we can. hook'em horns!

sorry I cant help it.

5. uscmatt macrumors member

I'm from the USC that was founded 50 years before California was even a state.