iPhone: Just Purchased Yesterday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Freis968, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I only have one thing to say about the iPhone...

AWESOME!

2. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Haha, glad you like it! :D

I was always 50/50 on buying the iPhone.. But now I've got it I don't see why I even thought otherwise! :D

3. fastlane1588 macrumors member

I did the same thing, been waiting for revision 2.0 then decided to get one yesterday now I can't believe I waited so long. Its AWESOME!!!!

4. imCaKeBoY macrumors newbie

5. imCaKeBoY macrumors newbie

wow

6. servo-15 macrumors newbie

7. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I bought mine yesterday. It was worth the year long wait. It came with the older firmware, I had to update it yesterday from home. Set up and activation was a breeze, I love this thing!

8. Freis968 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Freis968

I bought mine from the AT&T store, had to have them verify my credit first, which I had no problem with. The guy at the AT&T store said it was perfect that I came in to do what I did so I could get the pre-approved number to enter in when signing up to avoid any issues when activating it. I think he was more happy that he got credit for selling the phone perhaps than that...LOL!

At any rate, I had the older firmware on it...not sure the exact number, but when I plugged it in I updated it to the currrent version and everything has been working fine so far.

Only thing that worries me, is that I cancelled my T-Mobile service to transfer my phone number over and my T-Mobile phone used to work fine, signal wise, in the Honda dealer that I am at now...however my iPhone has no signal at all. So, I worry about not having as great a coverage area as T-Mobile like I had before which was EXCELLENT!

9. kbunch macrumors member

kbunch

It is not just that AT&T has pretty bad coverage it is also that the iPhone has a horrible tx / rx radio in it. My wife and I are both on AT&T. she has a Razr and If we check signal on her phone and my iPhone she always has better signal. Before I got the iPhone I had a Razr on AT&T as well and in my office I at least had 2 bars with the Razr and now with the iPhone I get no bars to no service :(.

Thats my only complaint though, the iPhone kicks ass and has really changed my *digital life.