iPhone just stopped working somewhat

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by juanster, Nov 8, 2008.

1. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

okay, so today my iPhone was working perfectly fine, then in the middle of a call sound went out and the other person couldnt hear me either. Everything still works on my phone, but when i make or receive calls they can't hear me, it works fine if i use the speaker phone... is this software issue or hardware? im really lost here...hope is not hardware..doesnt the speaker mode us ethe same mic as the regular put-it-to-your-ear mode? if so then how come it works on speaker and not on regular mode..I'm not home so i can't restor eit, tried doing a hard reset and it didnt fix nything..:mad:

by the way its a first gen iphone and i upgraded to fw 2.1 about a week ago.. could that be it?

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Well, the first thing you should try is a hard reset (hold home button and power button down at the same time until the phone shuts down...then reboot). If that doesn't work you should try a restore through iTunes. At that point, if it still isn't working, you might be looking at a hardware problem. I will bet, though, that one of my first two suggestions will fix your problem.

3. juanster thread starter macrumors 68020

juanster

that's what I am hoping for, i trie dthe hard reset and it didn't fix it, I'll have to restore it and see what happens...i really hope is not hardware, cause since I have no warranty on it since it's a first gen in Canada..