Iphone keep resetting home screen and icons

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sufferrar, Mar 10, 2011.

1. sufferrar macrumors member

The phone in question is a 3gs.
    For the past 5 days whenever I leave the iphone for long periods like overnight the home screen get reset.
    Here is what it looks like when i slide to unlock:
    The % on the the battery is gone, the lock wallpaper is now my home screen wallpaper, ring and sms tone changed to a built in one and all my folders execpt utilities are gone with 11 pages of icons.
    Now I have the task to put all the icons back into folders which take about 30mins to sort.
    What do you think can cause this?

2. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Thats crazy. Wish i had an answer. But cant you use Back Board to back everything up, at least for now until you find the issue?

3. sufferrar thread starter macrumors member

I believe it started to happen when I upgraded lockinfo to 3.xx. but I'm still not sure what it is.
    I don't loose any info, it is just alot of icons I need to put back into folders.

4. jasvncnt macrumors 6502

Wish i could help. Hopefully someone else may have an answer. Backboard may help for now. It should back up your springboard configuration and folders. At least this way you wont have to do your folders all over again. What happens if you disable lock info for now?

5. sufferrar thread starter macrumors member

I haven't tried to disable lock info, I'll feel naked without it...
    I'll try that now

6. jasvncnt macrumors 6502