iPhone Keeps Asking For Activation! Even although it Activated!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spinstorm, Dec 12, 2007.

1. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I have a strange problem - its more annoying than anything else!

I got a phone replaced at an Apple store and now EVERY time I connect it to my PC to sync up it asks to be activated - even although its already activated!

It is really quite annoying! Has anyone else had this happen to them? any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Do a Hard Boot...

Hold the HOME button down and the POWER button at the same time and the Silver Apple should come back on, and it will take a few minutes to turn on. When I got a new week 47 iPhone, I had the Genius Bar Dude take care of the activation for me, since I'd already had a week 32 iPhone on my MacBook. The prompt that you keep receiving is the same one that I saw just ONCE during my transfer of activation from my week 32 iPhone, but the Genius said that's normal, so just SYNC my phone on my MacBook. He asked me when I had updated my iPhone last and I told him just a few hours ago! You may have to go back to the Apple Store or just try "restore" but make sure you call Apple just in case and maybe they can take care of the situation on the phone. Try dialing 611 or 1-800-331-0500 on a land line and they should be able to walk you through it! :cool: