iPhone keeps asking for Exchange Password

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by GoofyITGuy, Sep 10, 2010.

  1. GoofyITGuy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2010
    #1
    My phone works great at retrieving E-mails and has the password stored. However, a few times a day when I slide it open I get a prompt for my Exchange password. Is anyone else seeing this phenomenon?

    Any suggestions on how to fix it?

    I recently upgraded to the iPhone 4 but never had this issue with the iPhone 3G.
     
  2. AGold macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2008
    #2
    I'm having the same problem

    I've been seeing the same thing since upgrading to iOS 4.1 on my 3GS.
    I've tried deleting and re-setting up the account, and restarting, but I still have this problem.
     
  3. GoofyITGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2010
    #3
    Thanks for the affirmation at least .. I sure wish I knew the solution to this problem. This one is getting frustrating.
     
  4. AGold macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2008
    #4
    I agree. I'll post when I get it figured out, and I hope you'll do the same.
     
  5. AGold macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2008
    #5
    Fixed

    It turns out that it was my gmail account (which was set up as an exchange account, and was working fine until recently), and not my work exchange account. I didn't realize, but in the "incorrect password" message, you can scroll down and see which email address the problem relates to.

    Anyhow, I deleted my gmail account and put it back on (as a gmail and not exchange account) and still had the same problem... then I found this:

    http://groups.google.com/group/Gmai...read/thread/54cb83a69acb8f11/8c10ecec6fdd7c66

    I did the two suggestions in the thread:
    1. Check the radio button "Don't always use https" (in Gmail settings)
    2. Unlock Captcha

    And now it is working again.

    hope this helps.
     
  6. GoofyITGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2010
    #6
    Thanks .. My issue isn't gmail, but it did turn out to be something on my side (so to speak). It seems the iPhone is more aggressive about logging into the Exchange Server than it used to be and as a result I was running out of resources on the server side (dovecot + ActiveSync on Linux).

    I increased the resources and things are better for me - not 100% perfect, but getting close.

    This didn't use to be a problem - only started after iOS 4.01 or .02 (not sure which).
     

Share This Page