iphone keeps forgetting wifi wep key

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by benbee, Feb 17, 2010.

1. benbee macrumors newbie

My iphone keeps forgetting my home and work wifi wep key. I can connect to it and its fine and then i will put the phone down and leave it say 20 mins or even a couple of days and in that time it would have forgotten the wep key and i have to go through the whole process again of putting in the wep key. Its only been happening in the last week. I've only had the iphone 2 months and wondering why its doing this now. Its picking up networks fine and also conecting to them ok, its just the fact that it forgets the wep key. Any help on this would be really appreciated

2. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

After you put the key in, the wifi settings should give you the option something along the lines of "remember this connection". Is that off for some reason?

3. benbee thread starter macrumors newbie

no it doesnt give me that option. Although i think it did when i first connected to the wifi. It has got it as a saved network, as i have the option to "forget this network".
    On the option list for each network there is a "renew lease" button near the bottom of the screen. What does this do? Would this be a possible solution?

4. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Hmm, I don't know what the issue would be then. The only time I've ever seen the option is if I have problems with a wifi network and it clears up the problem right away.
    A restore might be a good idea, unless you're jailbroken on a 3GS. That, or if anyone else has any ideas?

5. benbee thread starter macrumors newbie

well i've pressed the "renew lease" button. Maybe that will help, but only time will tell. Sorry to be a pain, but how do you restore the network settings? If the problem does persist then a definate visit to my local apple store to see if they have any solutions or whether they know of this problem

6. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

Good luck!

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-